The Strategic Planning Director (parental leave position) will serve as part of the Mosaic United strategy team for a period of at least six months. The team is responsible for researching, developing, and scaling transformative opportunities for young Jews around the world to enhance their Jewish identity and connection to Israel. You will play a key role on a small team, contributing creatively and influencing large-scale global initiatives. This will be achieved through field research, analysis, and concept iteration.
Help build, develop, and launch the organization’s future projects, as such the person who fills this role will
- Conduct and provide comprehensive research on areas of potential intervention, including (but not limited to): the market, target audience, key organizations, leaders, and potential donors
- Develop concepts and ideas for interventions from A to Z
- Write and develop business plans including structural, financial, and educational elements
- Develop and implement goals, targets, key performance indicators, and models for evaluation including quantitative and qualitative metrics
- Support the strategic alignment and planning of all Mosaic projects
- Cooperate, provide counsel to, and communicate with all staff members on a regular basis
Desired Experience and Characteristics
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Jewish nonprofit, engagement, think-tank, communal, or related organization particularly with a background in research and strategy development
- Relevant academic degree, master’s degree a plus
- Deep familiarity with the Jewish world and global Jewry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as research and analytical abilities
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work effectively within timelines
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed; ability to set and achieve goals independently and work as part of a team
- Fluent Hebrew and English
- Passionate about Mosaic United’s mission and vision, Jewish identity, and Israel education
- Ability to work under pressure and on tight schedules
- Ability to work full-time in a hybrid office environment in Jerusalem
- May require occasional unconventional hours due to time zone differences
Compensation: Salary range 14,000-16,000 NIS monthly, commensurate with experience.
To apply, send your CV with the subject line “Strategy” to email@example.com
Mosaic United is a groundbreaking strategic partnership between global Jewry and the State of Israel, which strengthens Jewish identity and connection to Israel among Jews worldwide by equipping partner organizations with resources and challenging them with criteria and standards to expand breadth and depth of programming.